All Reviewed Products Contain Paid Links To Amazon.com
Looking For The Best Cranberry Supplement For Dogs?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – Zesty Paws Cranberry Bladder Bites with Urinary & Kidney Support.
#1 Best Cranberry Supplement For Dogs
Dogs are just as prone to kidney and bladder issues as people are, so it’s important to take the right measures to promote good digestive tract health and urinary health.
There are plenty of prescriptions and over-the-counter medications that can help fight kidney and bladder infections—and you should certainly use them if recommended by your veterinarian—but if you’re looking for an all-natural solution for your pet (or yourself, for that matter), you should consider getting a cranberry supplement.
Most of them are intended to be a preventative measure rather than a treatment option, but some of the options that we’ll talk about today pack enough punch that they can actually be used as part of a balanced treatment plan.
What to look for in a cranberry supplement for dogs
There are a wide variety of cranberry supplements available online, and most of them include a few extra active ingredients to ratchet-up the health benefits for your dog. To help you sort the good from the bad, here are a few things to look for in a good cranberry supplement for dogs:
- Cranberry extract – cranberries have a wealth of antioxidants that can help to balance pH levels in the urine and support overall immune function. Cranberry extract is proven to minimize the growth of harmful bacteria in the bladder, and it can help regulate the digestive system
- D-Mannose – you’ll notice that most of the supplements we talk about today include a large dose of D-Mannose. It’s a kind of sugar that’s related to glucose, and it can help to prevent urinary tract infections by promoting the growth of healthy bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Astragalus & marshmallow root – these are organic ingredients that can help to flush toxins out of the kidney and bladder
- Licorice root – a natural detoxifying agent that can also strengthen the urinary tract lining
Cranberry Bladder Bites are a chewable treat that help dogs with urinary tract issues by promoting kidney and bladder health. It’s made with cranberries and other natural, organic ingredients like marshmallow root and astragalus. The bites are enhanced with 200mg of Cran-Max, a proprietary cranberry concentrate that’s formulated with a patented Bio-Shield technology to flush out bad bacteria.
- Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents for UTI support
- 200mg of Cran-Max with Bio-Shield to flush out bad bacteria from the lower intestinal tract
- Organic astragalus and marshmallow root to flush toxin buildups in the kidney and bladder for comfortable urination
- Organic licorice root, nettle seed herb, and D-mannose to detox kidneys, strengthen the urinary tract lining, provide digestive system support, and deliver a healthy urine flow
- Vitamin C antioxidants to improve skin and overall immune system health
- All products made in the USA at FDA-registered facilities that are NSF- and GMP-certified
- Contains 90 chewable treats
Amazing Nutritionals Cranberry Chews do a fantastic job at both preventing and eliminating urinary tract infections in dogs. They utilize a proprietary formula with cranberries and apple cider vinegar flush out bacteria through the urine. The pharmaceutical-grade ingredients also relieve inflammation and ease bladder pain. It’s also the only cranberry supplement that fights flea infestations and helps your dog to naturally repel pests.
Amazing Nutritionals Cranberry Chews are bite-size and easy to chew with a delicious bacon and beef flavor that dogs love, and they’re ideal for dogs with sensitive stomachs who can’t handle pills and pouches. Unlike powder supplements, these won’t harden into clumps, cause bad breath, or make your house smell (nobody likes that). They’re hypoallergenic, made in small batches at a GMP-certified organic facility, and they’re tested by a third-party to ensure purity and proper dosage.
- Safe capsule with vitamins, probiotics, Omega 3 fish oil, MSM, and chondroitin
- No byproducts, wheat, corn, grains, or soy
- Contains cranberries and apple cider vinegar (ACV) concentrate to fight bladder and kidney infections
- Pharmaceutical-grade renal formula eases bladder pain, reduces inflammation, and relieves discomfort from urinary tract infections
- Aids total immune health & wellness
- Treats flea infestations and naturally repels pests
- Made in the USA at a GMP-certified organic facility
- Contains 120 chewable treats
These soft chews from NaturVet are recommended by veterinarians to help support optimal bladder function and a healthy urinary tract. They can be used to treat urinary tract infections or other kidney/bladder issues, and they can be used as a nutritional supplement once the kidney/bladder issues have subsided. What makes this supplement unique is the inclusion of Echinacea, which is proven to support a healthy immune system and promote overall health.
- Active ingredients include cranberry, marshmallow root, Oregon grape root, astragalus root, calcium ascorbate (vitamin C), and Echinacea
- Specially formulated with Echinacea to bolster the immune system and promote better overall health
- Recommended for dogs 12-weeks and older
- Manufactured in the USA at an FDA-audited, GMP-certified organic facility
- Contains 60 chewable tablets (enough for a 30-day regimen for active infections)
Pala-Tech Cranberry Plus Chewable Tablets are a top-rated natural dietary supplement that can be used to treat urinary tract infections and prevent future infections in the urogenital system. The formula includes more than twice the average dosage of cranberry extract (versus other leading brands), along with Echinacea, Oregon grape root, and vitamin C. The tablets have an appetizing chicken liver flavor that dogs love.
- Offers 2.5x the average cranberry extract contract (compared against other leading brands)
- Active ingredients include 210mg of cranberry extract, 105mg of Echinacea puerperia, 34mg of Oregon grape root, and 34mg of sodium ascorbate (vitamin C)
- Made in the USA
- Contains 60 chewable tablets
These Cranberry D-Mannose chewable tablets are another great natural solution for urinary tract care. The supplement supports and maintains healthy urinary tract function by preventing harmful bacteria from attaching to the inner lining of the bladder wall and encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract. It’s veterinarian-approved, and it offers pharmaceutical grade ingredients.
- Dietary supplement supports and maintains urinary tract function
- Stops harmful bacteria from attaching to the inner lining of the bladder wall
- Encourages beneficial bacteria to grow and flourish within digestive tract
- Helpful for dogs and cats suffering from irregularity
Supplements can be a tricky thing to shop for. Most supplements are tested or approved by the FDA, so it’s entirely a matter of trust with the manufacturer. I always find myself asking whether the ingredients in the supplement actually do what the bottle says they can do, and I’m pretty leery about using supplements with too many artificial ingredients.
With that in mind, you don’t have to worry about any of those concerns with the five supplements that we just discussed. All of them are veterinarian-recommended, and they come highly rated by consumers. Most of them offer a satisfaction guarantee, too, so it’s a no-risk purchase to try for yourself.