Looking For The Best Moisturizing Shampoo For Dogs?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick – Paws & Pals Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner.
If your dog has sensitive skin, you’ll need to look past the standard pet shampoos for a specialty moisturizing blend. Itchy, flaky, irritated skin only gets worse when it’s subjected to harsh chemicals and cleansers, so it’s best to go with an all-natural solution. A good moisturizing shampoo should soothe your dog’s irritated skin, clean off dander and particles, and strengthen their coat from the roots up.
What to look for in a moisturizing shampoo for dogs
As you’re looking around for the best moisturizing dog shampoo, here are a few tips on what ingredients to look for:
- Oatmeal – a natural anti-itch solution
- Aloe Vera – soothes itchy skin and relieves irritation
- Shea Butter – promotes a healthy coat with rich, thick fur
- Jojoba and Coconut – essential oils that provide luxurious moisture for the skin
- Honey and Chamomile – two great natural remedies for itchy, irritated skin
Paws & Pals Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner is top-rated and widely recommended. Simply put, it’s the most effective natural pet shampoo for your dog. Paws & Pals provides a premium coat and skin treatment with a delicate balance of essential oils and forms the foundation of a healthy coat-care regimen. It’s 100% vegan, organic, and engineered to respect the environment as well as your dog’s natural skin care needs.
The tear-free formula won’t irritate or inflame your dog’s eyes and nose like many shampoos do, which makes bath time a whole lot more enjoyable for everyone. All-natural oils like aloe, jojoba, and coconut help relieve painful and itchy skin caused by dander, fleas, and dryness. Other natural ingredients including oatmeal, rosemary, and shea butter work together to smooth and moisturize even the driest coats.
- Premium coat and skin treatment
- Vegan and organic
- All-natural essential oils like aloe, jojoba, and coconut
- Includes oatmeal, rosemary, and shea butter
- Tear-free formula
- Ideal for dogs with dry, sensitive skin and coats
- Made in the USA
Oatmeal and aloe vera are nature’s best ingredients when it comes to providing gentle cleansing while soothing dry, irritated skin. The Particular Paws moisturizing shampoo combines these with other natural ingredients to deliver a shampoo that’s tough on dirt and grime, yet gentle enough to use on even the most sensitive skin. Unlike other pet shampoos that strip the scalp of healthy oils, this one actually helps your pet’s skin to retain its natural, healthy oils.
The result is a healthier coat with less breakage and an overall silky-smooth feel. Regular use is also proven to effectively eliminate thinning hair, hives, flakes, dander, and other common dermatological problems. Best of all, the company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you’re not completely satisfied you can send the product back for a full refund.
- All-natural ingredients include oatmeal, aloe vera, shea butter, chamomile, rosemary, and honey extract
- Safe to use on puppies and dogs with ultra-sensitive skin
- Promotes the retention of natural, healthy oils on the skin
- Delivers a rich, shiny, healthier coat with less breakage
- Made in the USA
Ever heard of the luxury skin care line called BioSilk? Well, if you’d like to shower your pooch with the same luxury and pampering that you can get for your own skin and haircare, consider using BioSilk for Dogs. It uses the same classic ingredients and systems that BioSilk’s human line employs, with proprietary silk proteins that protect against heat while strengthening and moisturizing hair for an unparalleled shine. BioSilk for Dogs Moisturizing Shampoo is specially pH-balanced for dogs, and it’s sulfate- and paraben-free.
- Uses the same classic ingredients as BioSilk’s luxury skincare line for humans
- Specially pH balanced for dogs
- Sulfate and paraben free
- Made in the USA
Groovy Pets Super Concentrated Oatmeal Dog Shampoo for Dry Itchy Skin. Ultra-Moisturizing Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Skin Problems. All-Natural Pet Shampoo for Dry Skin, Dandruff & Dander
Groovy Pets has been making top-notch pet shampoos since 1965, so I’d say they qualify as experts in the field of pet care. According to the reviews, they also have a fantastically knowledgeable staff and excellent customer service, so it’s clearly a great company to work with.
This particular shampoo is a highly concentrated, super-infused oatmeal blend that’s great for pets with skin allergies, sensitive skin, itchy skin, dry skin, acne, hot spots, dermatitis, ringworm, odor issues, and flea or tick bites. The formula is packed with vitamins A, D, and E, and boasts an all-natural ingredient list that includes emu oil, oatmeal, aloe vera, shea butter, argan oil, tea trea, and lemongrass. All of these are proved to provide instant soothing relieve to irritated skin, so your dog will absolutely love the blend.
- Ideally suited for pets with skin issues including itchy skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, acne, hot spots, skin allergies, ringworm, dermatitis, odor problems, and flea/tick bites
- Primary ingredients include oatmeal, emu oil, aloe vera, shea butter, argan oil, tea trea, lemongrass, and other essential oils and extracts
- Packed with vitamins A, D, and E
- Made in the USA
Lively Pets Derma-Soothe Mega Moisturizing Aloe and Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs; Soap Free Hypo-Allergenic Dog Shampoo – For Dogs and Cats with Dry, Itchy, Skin and Allergies – Pina Colada Scented
Derma-Soothe Mega Moisture Aloe and Oatmeal Shampoo is chalk-full of the natural ingredients that your dog’s skin needs to stay moisturized, hydrated, and free of flakes and dander. It’s a great choice for pets with allergies and ultra-sensitive skin, as the blend is hypo-allergenic and soap-free.
The colloidal oatmeal and aloe extract is proven to moisturize even the toughest, itchiest hot spots, and the nano-encapsulated vitamins work overtime to help your dog’s skin retain the moisture. It comes with an enchanting pina colada scent, so it’ll keep your dog smelling great all day.
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin to eliminate flakes and dander
- Hypo-allergenic and soap-free
- Uses colloidal oatmeal, aloe extract, and nano-encapsulated vitamins
- Deodorizes with a pina colada scent
While all five of these dog shampoos are excellent picks, the Paws & Pals Natural Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is by and large the highest rated and most popular. I love the blend of natural ingredients that they use, and you can’t argue with all of those stellar reviews.